It looks to be quite old at the time of the top photos.
In the top photo we can see a shadow of the electric lighting for the street and a telephone pole.
Look to see an electric wire - top left, and far left shows a telephone pole.
In the second photo, on the far left can be seen a telephone poles with no wires yet in place.
Telephones were put in New Bedford starting in 1879 - 1880. This photo was taken around that date.
In 1886, the Edison Illuminating Company brought electric light and power.
On January 18 of 1977 a large amount of gas leaked in to the buildings there from a cracked main into the basement of O'Malley's Tavern, and the resulting explosion destroyed several of the buildings there.
The building next door, to the corner called the Sylvia-Macomber Building had no insurance on it. It had been renovated by (WHALE) at a cost of $41,000.00 and was to be sold the next day! The entire corner was blown up or burned as well as other bearby buildings.
The whole area is now demolished, and up the Hill on the right we now find the Whaling Museum.
The bottom of the hill where the restaurant once was has been made into a small park honoring a local black man named Paul Cufee who earned a lot of money locally and who had a store next to the restaurant.
Four images and a map below.
Just up the hill on the left and out of view is the Seamen's Bethel, a chapel completed on May 2, 1832.