In the 1700's, this was the bridge that the British Crossed to invade Acushnet and Fairhaven after burning New Bedford.
The bridge was rebuilt in 1828.
It crossed the Acushnet River at the head of the river.
The first water reservoir was to the north of this and was made by damming some of the flow of the river.
(click the picture for a larger image)